As a Developer you will work specifically within their Algo and Technology team, developing and implementing strategies / solutions for the FX electronic trading algorithms pricing, risk management, and execution algorithms.
They are a small, agile team in EMEA (circa 10 within technology). They require a candidate who can work closely with the business to build enterprise innovative solutions, with prior trading systems and finance knowledge. It is a low latency Java environment with KDB.
Core Java experience is a must have prerequisite (Concurrency, Collections API, Low Latency, Messaging, Event processing and Data Structures). They can be flexible on domain knowledge, however this candidate must have some knowledge of financial products / asset classes.
What will you do?
- Work with Stakeholders to build and maintain the FX Algo trading system.
- Work with Stakeholders and KDB team to build and maintain a real-time analytic system to support FX eTrading.
- Identify and implement solutions to optimize performance and maintain low latency
- Work in an agile team in support of a fast-moving release cycle
- Leverage new technologies and approaches with continuous improvement in mind
- Collaborate with other teams across asset classes and functions to share expertise and solutions.
What do you need to succeed?
- Proven track record in creating, maintaining, enhancing eTrading systems.
- Expert level knowledge of Java essential
- Experience with Java low latency technologies such as Chronicle queue and/or Disruptor RingBuffer
- Thorough understanding of high capacity/low latency infrastructure (networking, low latency messaging system, etc)
- Knowledge of memory management challenges that exist in high throughput low latency trading applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills