Our client is a global Investment Bank who pride themselves on innovation and stand out from their competitors by hiring the smartest people and building cool tech and taking on new markets.
They are currently looking to hire a Data Scientist with a commercial mindset to advise on, experiment with and implement emerging technology for a large portfolio of companies the bank have invested in as well as in house functions. This is a client facing role to both internal and external stakeholders and will supported with a consulting style team as well as a stable inhouse tech community.
- Expertise building data science solutions based on corporate business requirements
- Advanced understanding of statistics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and algorithm development
- Manipulating data and developing models and algorithms using common mathematical, ML and presentation libraries
- Distributed big data platforms and processing frameworks such as: Hadoop, Spark, Yarn, MapReduce, Kafka, Flink, Drill etc
- Cloud-based machine-learning environments
- Core programming skills such as: Scala, Python, R, MatLab, Java, C/C++ etc;
- Presentation technologies such as: Zeppelin, Jupyter, R-Shiny, Qlik Sense, Tableau, PowerBI etc
- Data access, manipulation and ingestion such as: SQL, sqoop, Impala, Hive/HiveQL, Pig, REST APIs,
- Analysing structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Data Stores such as: Cassandra, Hadoop stores/file formats (sequence, avro, parquet, kudu, orc, text, HBase), MongoDB, MarkLogic
Send a CV to email@example.com for a confidential discussion.