As Tech Lead you will be responsible for the software engineering of their platform - essentially it is a state of the art modelling tool for property developers to raise debt and equity, quickly.
There is a small team in place currently, however ultimately they are looking for a candidate to build a technology function in the long term, becoming an Engineering Manager as the business grows. There is also an opportunity to help shape the platform from a technical perspective, providing innovation thought leadership.
Remote working in the short term with 2 days working from home and 3 days in the office post pandemic.
- You can work completely independently, without having to rely on other team members to make progress or resolve blockers.
- You pride yourself on writing clean and outstanding-quality code.
- You use strong communication skills to interact both with our staff and with our end users to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- You maintain high levels of development practices including technical design, solution development, systems configuration, documentation, testing, and issue identification and resolution.
- You ensure that applications are delivered with the highest quality.
- At least 5 years of experience writing code professionally.
- At least 3 years of experience in web development.
- Have a proven professional career implementing web UIs using HTML5, CSS3, SQL, Angular, Django, microservices and APIs.
- Have an understanding of software architecture and design principles.
- Have strong organizational and project management skills such as patience, diligence, creativity, forward-planning, and an open and calm approach to logical problem-solving.
- Be proficient in Unit Testing, Test-Driven Development (TDD), and Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) and know how and when to apply that knowledge to the code you will be creating.